11 (Because 10 isn't enough) Mother's Day Gift Ideas (BOOKS!)1
Mother's Day is coming up! Besides the flowers, chocolate, meals and massages, you could also get her a good book. In fact, if you order today from Amazon Prime, you'll get it before Sunday. Here are a few books (links are to Amazon) I recommend, in no particular order. You can't go wrong with any of these:
- ESV Illuminated Bible, Art Journaling Edition.
- Refresh: Embracing a Grace-Paced Life in a World of Endless Demands. By Shona and David Murray.
- Missional Motherhood: The Everyday Ministry of Motherhood in the Grand Plan of God. By Gloria Furman.
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full: Gospel Meditations for Busy Moms. By Gloria Furman.
- Liturgy of the Ordinary. By Tish Harrison Warren.
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both our Hearts and our Minds. By Jen Wilkin. Other ones from Jen that are very good: None Like Him or In His Image.
- The Hardest Peace: Expecting Grace in the Midst of Life's Hard. By Kara Tippets.
- Teach Us to Want: Longing, Ambition and the Life of Faith. By Jen Pollock Michel.
- Crucifixion. Understanding the Death of Jesus Christ. By Fleming Rutledge.
- The Gospel Comes with a House Key: Practicing Radically Ordinary Hospitality in Our Post-Christian World. By Rosario Butterfield.
- No Little Women: Equipping All Women in the Household of God. By Aimee Byrd.
More in Blog
April 25, 2019These Books Will Help You Read the Old Testament Confidently
October 31, 2018Should I be seeking a second filling of the Spirit even after conversion?
May 7, 201811 (Because 10 isn't enough) Mother's Day Gift Ideas (BOOKS!)